Preparing a home cooked meal for dinner can be challenging, especially for working moms. That is why this is my favorite go-to recipe. Shrimp cooks super fast, so this meal can be done in less than 15 minutes, if you have all your ingredients. The sriracha sauce adds a kick to the dish without overpowering it. I love rice, so I served my shrimp over steamed rice. However, it is also great with pasta. Enjoy!
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
4 tablespoons Sriracha
1 pound shrimp, cleaned, shells and veins removed (leave the tails for a nicer presentation)
1 tsp anatto powder (optional – this powder will give your shrimp a warm orange color)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Salt and black pepper
2 wedges of lemon
Green onions for garnish
1. Add butter to a sautéed pan. Once melted, add garlic and stir until fragrant
2. Add the sriracha to form the sauce
3. Once the sauce starts to boil around the edges, add the shrimp and sautéed
4. Add anatto powder if using. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Once the shrimp turns pink, add lemon zest
6. You’re done! When ready to serve, squeeze lemon juice and add chopped green onions on top